Attorney, Associate – Cherry Hill, NJ & New York, NY
Clark & Fox seeks two full-time associates with 0-2 years’ experience in insurance defense litigation and/or insurance coverage for its Cherry Hill, New Jersey and New York City offices. Candidates must possess excellent writing skills, be detailed oriented and be a team player.
Juris Doctorate degree from ABA accredited law school is required with strong academic credentials. Candidates must be a member in good standing with the New Jersey and Pennsylvania bars for the Cherry Hill position and New York bar for the New York position.
Clark & Fox offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability and accidental death and dismemberment insurance and 401(k) retirement plan to eligible employees.
Qualified candidates should e-mail a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to the attention of HR Recruiter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Litigation Secretary – New York, NY
Clark & Fox seeks full-time litigation secretary with a minimum of 3 years’ experience, with insurance defense litigation practice, sought for insurance defense law firm located in New York City. Candidate will be responsible for supporting the work of 4-6 litigation attorneys.
The position requires a team player who works well with people, can work independently and is flexible with work assignments. The candidate should be intelligent, professional, and have excellent verbal, written and organization skills.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, short term and long term disability insurance, 401(k) plan and paid time off.
Responsibilities Including, But Not Limited To:
· Draft correspondence, pleadings and discovery
· E-file documents in federal and state court (New York & New Jersey)
· Type 60 + words per minute and proofread documents
· Format computerized documents
· Maintain files
· Schedule meetings and travel arrangements
· Monitor attorney calendars for pleading, hearing and court imposed due dates
· Perform additional administrative and clerical duties as required
· Qualified candidates must possess a high school diploma, post high school education preferred
· Minimum of 3 years’ continuous legal secretarial experience in litigation – preferably in insurance defense law
· Knowledge of both state (NY and NJ) and federal court filing procedures, including e-filings is preferred
· Knowledge of New York and New Jersey court rules a plus
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Outlook, Word and Excel
· Experience in Prolaw preferred
· Accurate typing and excellent proofreading skills
· Solid organization skills, attention to detail, the ability to balance multiple tasks
· Excellent written/verbal communications skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team are a must
Qualified candidates should e-mail a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to the attention of HR Recruiter email@example.com